21 Mar Telehealth Consults for Pets- Cimarron Animal Hospital
Cimarron Animal Hospital is now offering Telehealth Consults (also called Telemedicine)- Virtual Veterinary Health Care – for our patients! While there is a fee, it’s still less expensive for you AND less stressful for your pet! They are a nice way to do recheck exams- when the Doctor doesn’t need to lay hands on the pet. We can communicate through Skype, Face Time or Phone. We will have a private texting app available soon as well!
Our Doctors do have to have a “valid Veterinary-Client-Patient Relationship” to be able to do Telehealth Consults. The Doctor participating in the virtual care communication needs to have seen a patient, in person, within at least a year. They need to be intimately knowledgeable of the pet’s current medical condition and have established a relationship with members of the pet’s family. If any of those factors is not in place, a Telehealth Consult is not appropriate.
Some examples of how we might use Telehealth Consults:
- Rechecks after surgery ($18.00)
- Allergy rechecks ($25.00)
- Diet and Medication change rechecks/ consults ($25.00)
- Behavioral Consults ($40.00)
1. Download the Medici Patient app for iOS or Android: https://medici.cx/my-medici
2. Complete your information to register in the app.
3. Once you are in the app, go to the section titled “Connect with your doctor” and select “Add an activation code.”
4. To connect with Dr Bohnke, you will enter the code KAFW5HSS7W
Call us if you would like more information about our Virtual Veterinary Health Care options! 520 886-1125
To see other new services, click here